Thursday 2 March 2006

Food Uniformity

This awful flu that has ravaged the rest of my family has finally sunk its claws into me. I Just showered and am feeling remotely human for the time being but based on the experience of the rest of my family, the fever will probably be back before it's gone completely. On the bright side, I should be back in the game in time for the scheduled sheep shearing on Saturday.

The U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote today on H.R. 4167, the National Uniformity for Food Act. If enacted, federal law would prohibit states from requiring labelling on food that is not required by the FDA (e.g. GE/GMO foods). Just the name of the bill alone scares the hell out of me - National Uniformity for Food - ugh!

Weather Tuesday: 13°F/39°F
Weather Wednesday: 23°F/44°F
Weather today: high around 40°F last night at midnight - down to 30°F right now at 1:45 pm

Tags: flu, HR 4167, GMO, food uniformity

No comments:

Post a Comment