Saturday 25 February 2006

Productive Day

Today I took advantage of the nice weather and got some work done. It was sunny and breezy today but we're in for a drastic weather change with some snow flurries in the forecast.

I rewired the lighting in one of our barns. All of the fixtures were controlled by one switch and sometimes there was not enough light (to shear sheep for example) and other times there was more light than necessary so I added a couple fixtures in the sheep pen and put pull-chain switches on each of those so they could be operated independently. Now if I want to go in at night when we begin lambing, I can flip the switch and just turn on one low wattage bulb and check on the ewes without causing a big disturbance.

When the previous owners of this property moved out, they left an old disc harrow in the pasture. I finally got around to moving that today as well. And I started cleaning out the old greenhouse on the property in preparation for starting seeds.

weather yesterday: 19°F/40°F mostly sunny
weather today: 23°F/43°F sunny, breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment