Sunday 13 March 2011

March 10, 2010

Wow, spring seems to have really sprung here at Liberty Farm! Even the upcoming chore of sheep shearing isn't dampening my spirits. The weather is too warm and the sun is too bright. We're supposed to have rain later this week but the temps are expected to stay warm for the next 10 days.

Jennifer and I have a plan for the garden. I really wanted to buy a new rear-tine tiller but probably won't due to an unexpectedly large tax bill due in April. I forgot for a minute that in 21st century America the old middle class is now rich. Oops!

Our first lambs could come around April 1st. We think we have 4 ewes bred but our 2 ewe lambs got in with the rams for a few days last fall. If they're all bred we could have 12 lambs. We don't want to keep any hoggets over the winter this year so there may be a big sale on lamb here this fall. I sure hope those two soon-to-be-yearlings aren't bred, though. We've got buyers for the meat lined up.

I'm pursuing a couple other business opportunities besides the two I'm already involved in, hence the light blogging. I'll try to keep up and get some pics, too. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment