Saturday 30 May 2009

May 30, 2009

Jennifer and I just finished up planting the garden except for a few odds and ends that we'll have to do after my arm heals up a little more. It really sucks being limited in what I can do this time of year. Unless it really gets better this week I'm going to have to someone to come over and shear my ewes. There are only four and the guy down the road who's retired from shearing for hire will probably do them for me under the circumstances. I've got two pretty major construction projects I'm itching to start but am pretty much worthless now.

The brush hog is mounted on the tractor. I'll probably mow during the evenings this coming week. That's nice, relaxing, one-arm work. This time of year I always wish I had the means to make hay but mowing and letting the grass rot back into the soil and buying hay is pretty cheap fertility.

Still no calf. Every day I take the time to examine Sugar's udder for lumps, hot spots, etc. Today she was trying like crazy to lick me. Maybe that's a sign that she's ready for a calf...?

No comments:

Post a Comment