Wednesday 10 January 2007

My New Farm Truck

Back in September, I traded my Dodge Ram for a Nissan Versa hatchback. As you can imagine there are times on a farm when a pickup truck is very handy to have but the truth is, 90% of the time my truck just hauled me around. Commuting 30 miles a day in an otherwise empty truck was just too wasteful. Our other family vehicle is a Jeep so I've been looking for a trailer to use with it for those times when we need to haul hay, straw, etc. In the meantime I'm saving lots of fuel and pumping much less carbon dioxide into the air.
As you can see in the photo, the Versa is no slouch when it comes to hauling things. I've got 2 8-foot 2x10s, 4 8-foot 2x4s, 3 4-foot fluorescent light fixtures, a case of 4-foot bulbs and some small miscellaneous tools and stuff. The hatch closes easily.

What I'm building with the stuff in the photo will be a topic for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment