Tuesday 4 April 2006

Hurry Up And Wait

Is the name of the game this season on the farm. The ewes are making us wait for lambs. The high winds today and wind and rain the last couple days are making us wait to do the things we want to do in the pasture and garden. But we'll continue to wait and everything will get done in its own time.

The seedlings are doing pretty well. A few of the ones I transplanted Saturday are still a little droopy, probably because of my mishandling. I watered the soil blocks with the tomato and pepper seeds. I don't think I mentioned that the celery germinated and is doing well - still very small and the onions may be ready for the 2007 garden - LOL!

I bought a plow on ebay. It's a Brinly 12-inch, one-bottom. It's set up for a sleeve hitch so I'll have to adapt it to the 3-point hitch on my tractor. (It's actually my dad's tractor but he's letting me keep and use it here at the farm.) Hopefully I'll get it this week.

tags: lamb, ewe, pasture, garden, seedlings, soil block, plow

No comments:

Post a Comment